Skip to content Skip to footer

United State Of America

Welcome to United States of America
USA Visa
F-1 Student Visa

If you’re a student from Pakistan, you’ll need the F-1 Student Visa to study in the United States. This visa is made specifically for students like you who are ready to begin their study abroad adventure in the United States. This visa is valid for 5 years.

The F-1 Visa (Academic Student) allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservatory, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution or in a language training program.

Can you work on an F-1 visa?

On an F1 visayou are allowed to work on campus: Up to 20 hours per week during regular full-time quarters or semesters. More than 20 hours per week between quarters or semester. More than 20 hours per week during school breaks (like winter or summer break)

Admission Requirements

Different universities have different admission policies. Your university will tell you what they need to determine if you are academically eligible. Among other requirements, you will need to show the school that you have enough money to support yourself while studying without having to work and you may have to show health insurance to cover any medical expenses should you need any medical assistance. Once the university has determined that your application is complete and you are academically eligible.

Main steps to take for the American student visa

Here is what Pakistani students have to do to get a student visa that will allow them to study in the United States:

Be sure to submit your online visa application (DS-160), create an online profile, and pay the visa fee. Then, schedule an online appointment at the embassy or consulate in Pakistan to give biometrics and attend the interview.

Pakistani students maybe have to provide biometrics during the visa application process. Your biometrics are, basically, extra identification (e.g. fingerprinting and pictures) that countries use for security purposes.

You will have to attend a visa interview during the application process.

The F-1 Student Visa from the United States is valid for up to course duration + 2 months extra. So that you can stay during your entire degree program, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in the United States after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a different visa or a visa renewal through the immigration office.

Items to Provide With Your Application

Although the process may vary or require additional steps, depending on your country and embassy or consulate, you will need the following when applying for your student visa:

Application Fee:

You will have to pay a non-refundable application fee. This means that if your visa does not get approved, you will not get your money back.

Form DS-160:

All applicants will need to complete and submit DS-160, the online application for a non-immigrant visa.

Valid Passport

A passport is valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States. If more than one person is included in the passport, each person desiring a visa must make an application.


You can upload a digital photo that is:

  • In color
  • Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
  • Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
  • Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
  • With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open

About Us

LIFETIME is an Ukrainian company, which assists people from all over the world to get education at the Ukrainian universities. We are acknowledged and registered by the Ministry of Education and Science, Youth and Sports of Ukraine.

Contact Us